This salad has become a big hit at parties. Warning: there is a lot of chopping involved, but it is so worth it! The fresh basil, mint, and parsley really make this salad tasty and give it an anti-inflammatory boost!
- Fresh basil, 1/3 cup chopped
- Fresh mint, 1/3 cup chopped
- Fresh parsley, 1/3 cup chopped
- 1 can chickpeas (12-16 oz.), rinsed and drained
- 10 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh lemon juice, 1/2 cup (4 lemons)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. feta cheese, diced
Put the tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, chickpeas, parsley, mint, and basil into a bowl. Toss to combine. In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, 2 tsp. of sea salt, and 1 tsp. of pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat all the vegetables. Add the feta cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
(Recipe adapted from foodnetwork.com)