This week I have been craving granola. I decided to try making my own to 1) save money and 2) avoid having ingredients in there I do not want. I put together this recipe in no time and it was delicious! So simple too!
- Nuts of choice, 1 cup of each (I used almonds and pecans because that is what I had on hand)
- Seeds of choice, 1/3 cup each (I used sunflower seeds)
- 1 cup of oats, uncooked
- Dried fruit, optional (I did not have any on hand so I skipped this)
- Maple syrup (the REAL, all natural stuff), to taste
- Sprinkle of good quality salt (such as Celtic sea salt or pink Himalayan)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine the oats, nuts and seeds into a blender. Pulse until roughly chopped. Pour into a mixing bowl, and add the maple syrup and dried fruit. Spread on a cookie sheet lined with Parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy. Enjoy with some dairy-free milk!